Demonstrations and Workshops
Mokuhanga & Nara
We are welcoming applications for Demonstrations and Workshops. Please familiarize yourself with the information and guidelines below before making an application. The deadline for application is March 31.
- December 3, 2021 Friday, 13:00 – 17:00
- Conference Room 4, Nara Kasugano International Forum IRAKA, 101 Kasuganocho, Nara 630-8212, Nara Prefecture.
- To present a demonstration or workshop, the applicant must first make a proposal, see below.
- Demonstrations and workshops must be related to mokuhanga, Japanese woodblock printmaking.
- Each presentation will be limited to a maximum of two hours, which will include time for translation into Japanese.
- The presenter must bear the cost of required tools and materials. Work tables will be provided.
- Once a proposal has been accepted, the applicant needs to pay a fee of JP¥5000 in addition to the conference registration fee, which must be paid to fully confirm acceptance. Payment must be made through PayPal to the following PayPal account .
Making a proposal:
Please submit the following information before March 31 to :
- An abstract of the demonstration or workshop limited to 3000 characters (around 300 words) in English or Japanese.
- Applicant’s biography in 1000 characters (around 100 words).
- Applicant’s passport-size portrait, maximum file size 1MB jpeg
- Three digital images in JPEG format, maximum file size 1MB each.
- The demonstration or workshop will be limited to a maximum of 2 hours. Extensions will not be allowed.
Note: Once a proposal for a demonstration or workshop has been accepted, presenters will be required to pay a fee of JP¥5000 in addition to the conference fee and register in order to conduct the demonstration or workshop at the conference. The deadline for applications is March 31.