Artist Open Portfolio
Mokuhanga & Nara
We are welcoming applications for the Artist Open Portfolio event. Please familiarize yourself with the information and guidelines below before making an application. The deadline for applications is March 31.
Artist Open Portfolio offers a chance for artists to showcase their works to conference participants and the public. They may also display products such as mokuhanga-related DVDs and books. Each artist is offered a tabletop measuring 60 x 180 cm (24″ x 70″). All conference participants are invited, but please note that the number of tables is limited. Tables will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- December 4, Saturday, 14:00 – 17:00
- JP¥3000 due with proof of conference registration. This fee should be paid by PayPal. See details below.
- Conference registration. See IMC Nara 2021 registration for details of the various registration packets.
- Nara Kasugano International Forum IRAKA, 101 Kasuganocho, Nara 630-8212, Nara Prefecture.
- Deadline for application is March 31.
- To participate applicants must first register for the conference.
- Applicants may pay conference registration and the Open Portfolio participation fee together by PayPal. See details below.
- Once payment has been made, please confirm this with your name to .
- Participants must bring their portfolio artwork in person. The Conference office cannot accept work delivered by post or courier.
- Only artworks related to the concepts or techniques of Japanese water-based woodblock, mokuhanga, may be submitted for open portfolio.
- Participants must not leave their seats during the open portfolio times. If an absence is unavoidable, artists must arrange for a substitute. Conference staff are not available to assist watching tables.
- Participants cannot sell work at the venue or display pricing of artworks. However, if a potential buyer appears, participants can negotiate prices and delivery methods privately at their own discretion and risk. The International Mokuhanga Association cannot assume any responsibility.
- INSURANCE: The International Mokuhanga Association cannot assume any responsibility for loss or damage to any submitted work for any reason, before, during, or after open portfolio. Insurance protection is the responsibility of each artist.