Artist Open Portfolio
Mokuhanga & Nara
Now that the conference is hybrid, Artist Open Portfolio will be a chance for artists to showcase their works to conference participants and the public as a virtual event. Each artist will have one page in the Open Portfolio section of the conference platform.
- JP¥3000 due with proof of conference registration. This fee should be paid by PayPal. See details below.
- Conference registration. See IMC Nara 2021 registration for details of the various registration packets.
- To participate applicants must first register for the conference. Applicants may pay conference registration and the Open Portfolio participation fee together by PayPal. See details below. Once payment has been made, please confirm this with your name to .
- Only artworks related to the concepts or techniques of Japanese water-based woodblock, mokuhanga, may be submitted for open portfolio.
- Participants cannot sell work at the venue or display pricing of artworks. However, if a potential buyer appears, participants can negotiate prices and delivery methods privately at their own discretion and risk. The International Mokuhanga Association cannot assume any responsibility.
- Please send the following materials to via WeTransfer.com by October 31, 2021: Your profile photo @ 72 px/inch, RGB, 500 x 500 px, JPG format; up to 20 images of your works @ 72 px/inch, RGB, 1200 x 1200 px, JPG format; your name, profession and a text of 300-400 words in English describing your work (including a short profile if you wish) in .txt format file.
- Notes: 1) 500 x 500 px for the profile photo and 1200 x 1200 px for the images of artworks are the maximum size. It doesn’t mean the shape of images should be square. It can be rectangular. The longest side shouldn’t be bigger than 500 px for the profile photo and 1200 px for the images of artworks. 2) You can show image information as captions to your works’ images. Please add image information (title, size, year of creation, materials, etc.) to the text file. It can be on top of your biography and statement. 3) Photos from your exhibitions can be included. 4) Video files won’t be accepted.